RedLion DataStations

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Team,

Model DA10D ‐ Protocol Converter and Data Acquisition System
Does anyone know the no of concurrent connections the device can accept/handle?
The datasheet says 4x protocols simultaneously, but nothing about the no of connections/sockets.

Thanks
LC :geek:

It may not have an absolute limit, but performance will slow down as connections are increased. I've had a G3 HMI connected to about about a dozen PLCs at the same time, all over the same Ethernet port. Half or so were Siemens S7-300s while the others were AB ControlLogix/CompactLogix. No issues whatsoever. The Crimson user manual also doesn't call out a limit to the number of devices per protocol.

thanks,
my concern is more around the devices that can connect to it rather than how many it can connect to.
Have had an issue in the past where smaller PLC's only have a limited no of sockets available.

on a side note, can anyone explain why that is?
Is it an internal memory issue, CPU resources or something else?