WinCC Flexible 2008 Alarm Triggers

wlong995

I am new to WinCC (and Siemens in general). I am setting up alarm messages for the HMI, and I cannot get them to display the way I would like.
There are 56 possible failures over 5 different stations. If a part is rejected, I need to display what failed, and where. The DB is all set up with the proper messages, and I can get them to display on the HMI. But...here's the problem. The customer want's a fail to be "0" and a pass to be "1" so if we lose information somewhere for whatever reason, we assume a fail rather than a pass. In doing so, When I turn on a bit to give a pass, it turns on the alarm message saying it failed. I have searched for days, and I can't find a way to change the state that triggers the alarm messages. Is it possible to trigger an alarm when a bit is off?

Can you just put a 'not' instruction in front of the logic that triggers each alarm bit?