WinCC flexible 2008

exmore84

Dear forum members

I've got a question about wincc flexible 2008. A costumer of our company want's to see the alarm window outside wincc. Why?
On the panel or two program's running, wincc and some camera program. Now if the costumer is busy in the camera program and there is a alarm he see's now a alarm indication but is it possible to see the alarm window outside wincc? Now the alarm window is only to see inside winCC. Is it possible with a scrip or something else? I hope someone can help me.

Grtzz

Frederik

If the issue is the need to run multiple programs on same pc as the runtime the answer is to use 2 monitors and extend the desktop so that the runtime sits on its own monitor so that it is always available and other tasks can be done on the other monitor.

Oké i know what you mean, but then is there still the same problem. They must switch between screens.

Last edited:
Hi Use the template alarm window then it will be visible on every page of wincc on the extended desktop.

Also maybe your customer is expecting too much it is like using your tv for watching a film then missing your football team scoring a goal.

There maybe a way using scripts of running wincc in the background and then maximising and bringing to the front but in my opinion why have a HMI if they are not going to use it.