Intouch 7.1 to 9.5 : Invalid Reference or Unknown OCX Method

desty

Hi Everyone,

I am currently upgrade a PC which runs Windows NT, Intouch 7.1,SQL Server,OBCD Topics,Rslinx Classic..

The upgrade is to a windows xp machine.

I know intouch 7.1 isnt oficially supported on windows xp, so i did install intouch 9.5.

The conversion doesnt go smoothly at all :( I get a " Invalid Reference or Unknown OCX Method" Pop Up every few windows...

After i tried copying all the *.ocx files i could find in the windows nt intouch folder, but without succes

The few scripts it doesnt convert are pretty huge and i don't have time to analyse every script and try to make an equivalent on intouch 9.5.

So, i was wondering if it's a problem you guys encountered before and know how to fix, or is it better for me to try and install intouch 7.1 on the windows xp machine and try to run it...

i know the maker works fine on windows xp but my issue is, is the 7.1 Viewer working fine on XP...

I have a virtual machine running 7.1 on xp, when i start the viewer i already get an error saying : Intouch OLE Automation error , OLE Object reference is not bound to OLE Object.

Now i am stuck. :(:(

Thank you for your help guys.

The only problems I had with my 7.11 to 9.5 conversion were:
1.Alarm screen needed to be recreated.
2.The application used some external "add-ins" for password entry.

I would recommend that you look at the log viewer in the WonderWare Systems Management Console for clues.

If you can still get into a working 7.1 version of the application on an old machine, take a look at any wizards and activeX components that were loaded. If you are seeing .ocx errors, I wonder if you are missing ActiveX components that need to be installed.