TIA Portal V11 SP2 - Compile / Compare Bug?

msozen

Hi All,

I have a very strange problem with the tia portal.

I download my program into a CPU319 plc. And everyting works just fine and i can go online and monitor the program until i compile my program.

After this tia portal shows that every block is different than the online version?

Does someone have this issue and maybe a fix to solve this?

With Regards,

If you have already downloaded (which would include a compile), why are you compiling again?

Homer, are you referring to the Feb 29 bug with the 1200? We don't have to worry about that for 4 more years! Perhaps Siemens will fix it by then!

I updated to sp2 upd2 but the issue remains.

Mike: Why compile? Its a machine we are starting up and there are a lot of things that we stil have to ajust while partially in production.

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

Every time you compile, you change the Offline project, then they no longer are identical, then you can't watch Status.
When you do a compile, you'll need to download, to be able to watch status

I understand that. But i think its not normal that a project once compiled. changes after a second compilation without any changes to the source itself.

If you do an offline/online compare, the comparison result will tell you if the differences are in the code, in the actual values (for DBs), or just the timestamp. In your case it is probably just the timestamp.

If there are indeed differences in the code, then it is because the compilation found some differences and updated them.
The normal is that you do a block consistency check before downloading, not after.

Oh, and you say that the machine is in production while you commision it (!?).
In that case you have to proceed VERY carefully.
You have to do compilations and block consistency check before you download the full project.
While the machine is running, you can change code in OBs, FCs and FBs, but you cannot change the declaration part of FCs or FBs. And you cannot change DBs or IDBs.

The online version shows me simplified And/Or networks (like 2 OR's are getting waved into 1 OR with all the items, same for the AND function (just like step 7 v5 did it just in front of our eyes). But offline this 'simplifying' does not occur.

And another strange compare difference is in a scale block. Where i offline scale from 0 to 0.1 . and the online versions show me that it scales from 0 to 0.10000000000000007.

What do you do if you enherit a program and then try to go online, but just to be sure you recompile everything? just get a heart attack because al of the differences? :).

Thanks for the warning Jesper. I only have 5 post but im not totaly green :p.
The only problem i have with this is TIA giving me a hard time.. while its such a beautiful programming enviroment.

The difference of the REAL values is because 0.1 cannot be represented without rounding. This happens for many more instances of values. It is normal.

I distinguish between "design mode" and "maintenance mode" when I handle my programs. Design is before the program actually is in live operation. Maintenance is after the program is in live operation.
When designing a program I can do sweeping changes. And that includes block consistency check.
When maintaining a program I can only do small changes, and I carefully track every change to be sure that I do not mess things up. For example I make block compares to see if there are differences I didnt notice. And I only change the code part of OBs, FCs and FBs. I never change the declartion part or the DBs.

In the case that you describe, you are maintaining an existing program.

As i read this i see that i have the same work methodology as you :).

So i'm going to treat it like it is normal to 'not compile' until i ask it to a siemens guy. Ill post the answer here to keep you guys informed.