ControlLogix Online Indicators

At least one of the I/O connections is not available. This, at least in this configuration, is not enough to prevent it going into 'Run' mode or causing a fault, but the equipment may not operate fully. Look at the status icons in the I/O configuration for the problem items.

That can also happen if you have a communications module listed in the I/O tree, with nothing connected to it in the I/O tree. The usual culprit here is the Ethernet module. There is no reason to list it in the I/O tree unless you are using it for remote I/O or produced/consumed tags.

If it is listed, with no partner, it will give the blinky I/O light warning.

The I/O light will also flash if you have Consumed tags that are not being consumed (e.g. the producer is not there, or there is a configuration error).

Look in the I/O Configuration area of the controller organiser, and follow the warning triangles to the module that is in error, double-click it to bring up the Properties dialog, then choose the "Connection" tab. On there you will see what the fault is.

That can also happen if you have a communications module listed in the I/O tree, with nothing connected to it in the I/O tree. The usual culprit here is the Ethernet module. There is no reason to list it in the I/O tree unless you are using it for remote I/O or produced/consumed tags.

If it is listed, with no partner, it will give the blinky I/O light warning.

I've never seen that happen... Which comms module(s) is this relevant to?

I've just tried it with an ENBT in the configuration, with no children, and no I/O errors are present.

2014-07-15_204543.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen that happen... Which comms module(s) is this relevant to?

I've just tried it with an ENBT in the configuration, with no children, and no I/O errors are present.

If there is a 1756-DHRIO included in the I/O tree and is used only for DH+ it will cause the I/O light to blink.