Just saying hi (offtopic)

Fred Raud

Its been a while since ive checked in here, so i wanted to drop in and say hi. I miss this place alot, but have since moved to a position to do some financial catch up in the oil industry since its moving a whole lot faster than automation industry where i resided. I still try and keep up on my plc stuff and refuse to get rid of any of my plc's and equipment, and was brought back here once again to refer my former employer for some info from a question i had a while back.

so Randy,plcgreg,,elevmike,,peternatchway,,phillipw,,Ericnelson,the other eric,,rsdoran,,(hmm,,dont want to leave anyone out),,and everybody else thats regulars here,,and the ones that arent,,its good to see yall still playing,,helping,,learning,,and of course Teaching,,

yall take care,,ill not be going anywhere(in the information superhighway sense) but am a bit occupied,,

Fred Raud

Hya Fred

nice to see you again.

Fred was the one (a while back) who opened an IRC channel for plcs.net.
It didnt get used enough but it was a great idea.
A sort of LIVE Q n A centre.

I spoke to a few of my heroes on there :)

yeah,,i feel bad i didnt get that going to be self running,,(automated!),,,maybe another time,,ive had a few aske me to start it up again,,but im a bit stressed on time,,im in a school right now that im the only person without an engineering degree(mechanical or electrical)(we have some petroleum engineers also and geologists),,well,,im the only one without a degreee period i guess,,but on the plus side,,im the only one with experience in how things work,,so no time to start an irc channel again,,maybe when i get out of school,,the response to it wasnt that good,,there were some great people there,,but i guess i didnt organize it well,,i focused on what would keep people idle there til there was a group of people to build a foundation for some real interactive real time stuff,,if there is enough interest again,,i can set it up again,,but i dont have the time now to man it,,i think it could be a wonderful resource for this community,,

Fred Raud