Wire strippers of choice

Do not even vacuum? How slack! I even have a special nozzle I made up to get into the crevices in the front and sides of Eldon enclosures. Hat it when they do not clean up after themselves - just slack.

George,

You never fail to impress me :)

Your movies are better than your post (answers) thanks for taking the time

Im going to buy one, I think the kit looks great

Thanks again! 🍻

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP00EM6EvcU

This is obviously not me , but a demonstration of the stripax plus. We have used this for well over 10 years. It's light, small and handles 0,5 to 2,5mm2. The fact that they have made this model with so little changes over the years make me believe that I'm not the only one favouring this tool.

I do not built panels all day, but there is the occasional modification or test board which needs more than a few wires stripped. This type of wire stripper has worked fine for me.

strip-tang.jpg

It may not last forever, but it is cheap so I have one spare and order a new one whenever the main one goes.

IMHO the advantage of Knipex and similar products from Weidmuller and other suppliers is the ability to set an exact and consistent wire stripping length.
Extremely useful when preparing wires for male/female crimp pins for DB, Molex, AMP, Tyco etc..
Have made thousands of crimp connections over many years using this style tool.
Beats the Klein and other similar products hands down.
Just be sure to purchase the correct pin crimping tool and you are good to go.

I must be an impatient old bugger!

Those things that require all those movements, twisting wires and having to insert the wire in the small hole etc are just too slow and frustrating when going hard in a panel.

I was using the standard Stripax without the pins and they fall apart in less than 6 months - worn out.

The Irwin Vice Grip one I am using at the moment will last but the cut length feature is very weak and broke very quickly - it is light plastic. I have to be careful as well as it is very easy to catch a part of a finger or hand in the toll with the net result that you finish up with blood or a nasty blood blister.

Still looking for decent stripopers that will last - the standard Stripax is the best yet for mine but it wears out too quickly.

I've been using the WeidmĂĽller Stripax Plus for almost 15 years now. They have had some quality issues over the years, but they are a dream to work with. The Crimpfox just looks awkward to use to be honest.
Went wild and crazy and bought a Phoenix contact CF-3000 a while back. Have not got around to using it very much yet, but seems to be really good.
Phoenix also has a portable version. The drawback is that you have to have one for each size of wire you want to use. Crimphandy.