Replacement for Wonderware InTouch 9.5 Historian installation disc

ryangriggs

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, we seem to have lost our Wonderware InTouch 9.5 Historian installation CD. Does anyone know how to go about obtaining a replacement CD, or possibly a download?

Do I have to go through my distributor for this?

Thanks!

EDIT: I may be losing my mind here. I have the Historian CD jacket, which has spaces for 2 discs. However, it only contains 1 disc, titled "IndustrialSQL Server 9.0 - Real Time Plant Data Historian". (part number 06-2329, August 2005)

I was assuming this disc holder was supposed to have 2 discs, and that this was only the SQL portion of Historian. However, closer examination of the disc title seems to indicate that this disc contains the entire Historian software.

Am I going crazy? Is this the whole software, or is there supposed to be a second disc in this jacket?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I believe they used to ship a copy of Microsoft SQL server in there too. But it's been a long time since I've touched 9.5

I would strongly recommend getting your support agreement renewed. 9.5 will not run on anything above Win7 i think?

Saffa is correct - traditionally the installation media included both the Historian software itself (formerly called Industrial SQL Server, or InSQL), and a copy of Microsoft's SQL Server installation media which Wonderware Historian is built on top of.

Sounds like the disk you are missing is the Microsoft SQL Server media.

Normally I would say you could utilize the Global Support website (https://softwaresupport.schneider-electric.com) to download installation media. However, Historian 9.0 is too old and is no longer available for download. You will need to go through your distributor to get a replacement copy or download - though it may not be available anymore. Or if Microsoft offers downloads of SQL Server from that era, that could be an option.

Saffa is also correct in that Historian v9.0 is no longer supported, and is not guaranteed to work on current operating systems. v9.0 was first released in 2005, there have been 5 version releases since then, with the most recent being a couple months ago (version 2017). I would highly recommend upgrading due to the dramatic improvements since v9.0, if not the OS support. Your distributor can answer any questions you have as well.

All of the Wonderware distributors have an FTP site where you can download the ISO images. They even have the old stuff. Give them a call and I am sure they would be happy to give you the site information.