Micrologix 1200 1762-L24BXB Solid Fault Light

Hello,

I have a Micrologix 1200 1762-L24BXB PLC and as soon as I power it up with nothing connected to it, the power LED and the fault LED both go solid. I have tried connecting to it and doing auto configure but it says it cant find the baud rate or the parity. I have tried resetting power to it and it doesn't change. Pushing the comm button does absolutely nothing and I can't connect no matter what I try. I am using an Allen Bradley usb to serial adapter like I do with our other PLC and it's not working. I just want to try to communicate with it so I can see what the fault is and see if the PLC is usable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Ryan

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community ! Sorry you've got a negative first interaction, though.

Verify that you have a good +24V DC input for the controller by measuring the power input terminals with all wiring connected; sometimes a wiring defect can pull the supply low and the controller won't boot up.

If the input power is good but you still get a solid red fault lamp, then the controller's basic hardware self-diagnostics are failing and it must be replaced.

I currently don't have anything connected to it except for the power supply input. I checked my supply and I am getting the correct voltage. I guess I will just have to replace it. Thanks for the help.