WinCC Flexible and Protool

Garcia

Hello,

Is there someone who has experience with running WinCC flexible and Protool as plug-in for Simatic manager? All my previous projects are made in Protool but I want to change to WinCC flexible. Can I use both programs without having any conflicts?

thnx, Bert

Hello Garcia.

You can install Protool and Flexible on the same PC.
Only one of the two can be integrated into STEP7.

If I click on an integrated Protool project in STEP7, nothing happens. I have to navigate to it manually from within Protool. Apart from that it works without any problems.

Win CC Flexible opens correctly when I click on an integrated Win CC Flexible project.

You may well find that Protool will fail to start by clicking an application in S7 Mangler . This has been documented by Siemens , and there is no cure except to open Protool once on startup of windows.