You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:52 AM   #1
annette2002
Hong Kong

Question auto logout in iFix 3.5 SCADA

I've a button that requires relogin in order to view the data links by button. My problem here is that when the button is clicked, it askes users to manually logout before letting the users to re-enter the user id and the password for verification.

How can I elminiate the part of manual logout?
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:53 AM   #2
arrowpilot
United States

ifix autologin

Annette,
Pulled this out of Intellutions knowledge base...
Looks like you should be able to modify the code beneath your button with the example listed below.
I woulda tried it but I am currently working with some old Fix 7 and don't have iFix loaded on my machine.
Good luck, Mike

Description

To execute Login.Exe without having currently logged in user name displayed. The following describes log out the current iFIX user out and allow a new user to login without having to logout the previous iFIX user.

Resolution

Create a new picture in the workspace and insert a pushbutton object (which will be used to run a Visual Basic script to logout the currently logged in user, and then run the login.exe program);
Right click the mouse on the newly inserted pushbutton and select "Edit Script";
Paste the following code between the Private Sub CommandButton1_Click( ) and End Sub
System.FixLogout
Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\dynamics\login.exe", 1);
Close VB Editor and switch picture to Run mode to test (Note: the script will log the current user out; and then call the login program to allow a new user to sign on);
Save the picture.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum