Issues Connecting to Factory Talk 8.00

Zpiskun

I am having some issue connecting to the Factory Talk Server.

We Have been running an application on FactroyTalk View Studio for about 6 months. it has been running on a Windows Server 2012 R2, 64-bit.

The Server had to have a reboot after a coworker installed a couple php tools.

aprox 12 hours after the server was reset we started losing the connection from our client computers. When the application was started up again the error message states
"The client temporarily cannot connect to the FactoryTalk View SE server in the home area '/' because the server is not available. To Connect the Client automatically when the server is available , leave this message open. to close the FactoryTalk View SE Client window and connect later, click Cancel"

This was a gradual decline starting with one computer not connecting and now its currently at 4 computers.

I am able to ping back and fourth from the server and the now 4 clients (2 running XP and 2 Running Windows 7) that are not connecting to the server, using both the computer names and the IP addresses.

I also tried setting up a new client and i am able to select the application i want to run but when i go to select the area an error message pops up "Unable to connect to the HMI server in area '/'."

Every computer does have and activation for RSlinx and FT view Client. The server also has activation's for RSlinx and FT.

The Firewall on all of the computers running this application and the server are turned off.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the direction i should be looking at to solve this issue

Hi
I don´t know if this is the best option... But if you have a complete backup of your system, maybe you can restore and check if everything work´s perfecty.

One thing to check is the Secure Web Site properties is DISABLED in FTV SE.

Click Start > All Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk View > Tools > FactoryTalk View SE Secure Web Site Setup

Reboot HMI Server