PLC-5/30 and 1784-pktx Communication

warrensr64

I have and old computer running controlview300 in dos. I’m try to update to rsview32. But the question I have now is getting communication working in rslinx and new computer. We have a plc-5/30 and a 1784-pktx pci card. I am trying to set up dh+ communication but it is not working. The communication light is flashing green on the card. But on the plc the A light stops flashing green(no green light no red light) when I plug in the cable. The Baud rate is 57.6k. I think that is the only setting on the old 62pin isa card I have tried a Pentium 1 computer and Pentium 4 computer. Tried rslinx 2.54, 2.55, 3.7, 3.9. I have communicated with the plc over the serial connection to get the program. I’m a newbie to plc’s and Dh+.

Do you know the baud rate of the PLC? Have you tried swapping polarity? What is the node number for the PLC, what node number did you assign the comm card? If you unplug the DH+ cable, does rslinx see the card?

The baud rate of the rslinx driver is set to 57.6. I have tried 111k and 230k.
Swapping polarity gives me the red light on the plc.
Node is 0 on the plc and com card.
Unsure about unplug the dh+ cable and how to see if rslinx see card. I will try that.

All the nodes on a DH+ network need unique addresses, between 00 and 77 (octal).

If your PLC is Node 1, then you can make the RSLinx driver any address other than 1. 0 is fine. 2 is fine too.

What operating system are you using on the new computer ? Are there any errors showing in RSLinx Classic for the 1784-PKTX(D) driver before you plug in the cable ?

After you plug in the cable, is there a "duplicate node error" or similar in RSLinx Classic ?

Still working on problem.
Today I had a computer with an isa slot.
Installed a 1784-kt card rslinx 2.50(2.51 and later will not work with 1784-kt)
Got it to work with plc-5/30A
Installed a 1784-Ktx card configured driver( plc stops communicating when you plug in the cable.
The one thing that I noticed was that the 1784-Kt card had a setting to terminate the dh+ in settings. The other 2 cards didn’t. There is only 2 things on this dh+.(plc-5/30a and the pc)
I have tried the 150 resistor at both ends and just one end. Also tried the 82 resistors.

528CA2CD-0852-4D8B-BAA0-93C7FF266BE2.jpeg E9F4EACB-9507-4457-9083-F52AF50897DF.jpeg

1784-u2dhp/a

I was able to get communication working with a USB-to-Data Highway Plus Programming Adapter with Cable. Is there a way to connect the 8 pin din connector to the 3 pin dh+ Phoenix. I was needing a cable longer than the 6ft usb to dh+ cable. Thank for the help. Now I can start on the upgrade to review32. More learning!!!!