Ultra300i position data via Dnet

Steve Kemp

Hi all.

I've got a connected and very nearly fully working Ultra 3000i servo and SLC500 setup using a DNet scanner. I can home the drive and reset it etc. from the plc. However, whilst I can index it using say, index 0 as set up in Ultraware, I cannot find out how to set the 3000i to recieve position data from the plc. I'm using output assembly #5, and the position data is present at the corresponding outputs. So where's the magic preset lurking?

To alter the Distance of Index 0, you can use Output Assembly 5.

You have to set three different pieces of information in the Output Assembly:

1. In the Command Data Pointer (Byte 3), put the value (133) that correlated to Index 0 Distance.

2. In the Data Value (Bytes 4-7) put the Index 0 Distance that you wish to set.

3. Set the Write Data bit (Word 2, Bit 07). You need to co-ordinate that with the Write Data Busy/Ack bit in an Input Assembly as described on page 2-24 of the User Manual.

I like to set up all this info in an array or UDT and then perform a synchronous copy (CPS) to the Output Data array of the DeviceNet scanner when I'm using Logix. With the SLC, just do it all in one program scan and it will all transfer to the 1747-SDN at once.