rsview32 works: graphic import/export issue

jeffy

Hi,

(RSView32 Works v7.50)

I have a problem with exporting and importing of graphic files between projects.
I export graphics from one project and then import them into a different project.
Some of the graphics turn out fine, but most of them turn out completely blank!

By viewing the XML file contents, it appears the exported graphic files appear fine and as expected. I've tried all sorts of things to try remedy this but still no joy.

I don't understand how this can happen. Has anyone experienced this before, and how did you resolve it? Thank you.

Were the graphics files you are importing created with a different version of RSView32. If I recall correctly, Rockwell changed the format at version 6 point something. If its an old project then open it in RSView32 7.5 and follow the prompts to update the project.

There is also an easier way to import graphics. Just copy the desired .gfx file into the graphics folder of the new project. Then open the new project. Right click on graphics in the project pane and pick add to project and then select the file you just copied. Hope that helps.

Do you mean the .gfx files or the bitmaps that they may contain? Newer versions of View should open older versions without a problem. Is the whole screen blank or just certain elements?

Thanks for the input guys. The project could well have been created before v6.00 so that may explain it.

Yes the .gfx file turns out completely blank.

I've just resorted to the alternative method rather than using the xml export/import method. THanks.

Wait. You shouldn't need to use XML import. It's been a while since I've used RSView. I didn't know it had a XML import. You just need to copy in the files.