Set an IP of ML1200 through Ethernet Module

gibson

Hello,
In my project work i am Connecting two Allen-Bradley HMIs (PanelView Component C600 and PanelView Component C1000) to Allen-Bradley PLC (Micrologix 1200). As ML1200 doesn't have an Ethernet port i have used 1761-NET-ENI module for DF-1 to Ethernet/IP conversion also in between two HMIs i have incorporated a Switch. I just want to know how can i Configure the IP address of ML1200 through Ethernet module or is it require to configure it ? I have connected Ethernet module to PROG/HMI port instead of COM port (channel 0),Can i use this configuration ? :site:

You are not doing anything with the IP address of the MLX1200. This is still using the DF1 protocol using its COM port. The IP address is set inside the NET-ENI module. That is what is seen by the outside world (your 2 HMI boxes).

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do. If you are using the HMI's to talk to the MLX1200, you don't need to do anything. They will do the job of initiating commuincation.

You will set the HMI drivers to match the configuration of the NET module. The MLX1200 is essentially blind to it.