Rslogix 500 copy instaed of move while offline editing.

NevisGroup

Hey all:
Is there an option in Logix 500 to copy a contact instead of move it while editing off line?
When you are online, if you drag a contact from a line not being edited to the line you are editing, it copies.
When you are offline, it moves.

I know that I can hold down CTRL to force a copy.
I want copy to be the default option.

[ One forgotten CTRL in 2 hours of offline would be days to find o_O ]
Thanks

{ Background:
I am working on some old code that has been touched by many many many fingers. It is quiet convoluted. I need to add some special case logic that is close but not quite the same as what is there. So it is going to be easier to create new rungs just for the special case logic instead of trying to wedge it into what is there. So my new logic will need to have some sections of the old logic duplicated. The contacts are not labeled very well. Some have the same comments but do different things. So the safest thing for me to do is drag contacts out of the existing logic and drop them into my new logic. I can (for the most part ) tell what these contacts are based on context. I.e.there may be 4 rungs with the same structure but only the first rung has any comments. The other three rungs run the other three of the same thing (drill heads in this case).
}

While off-line there are 2 ways to copy:

1. Right click on the object, click COPY, then on the rung you want it placed right click and click Paste. Control-C and Control-V do the same.

2. Click on an object and start to drag it, but before you place it where you want hold the Control key down until you release the mouse button - this will copy the object to the dropped location and leave the original in place.

While off-line there is no way of making copy the default option when you drag an object.