FactoryTalk View SE V9: Alarm logs export?

jeffy

Hello,
I’m struggling to find where I can export my historical alarms using the alarm & events log viewer component in my runtime project. I can’t see anywhere that allows exporting of the alarm list into an excel file (or similar). However, in the “FT alarms & events system config guide” it states clearly this is possible. See attached screenshot highlight. Any ideas?

ftae.jpg

Put this in a autorun.bat file on a storage card or USB and plug in PanelView it will copy all of the log files off. Not sure how you would get these on an automatic basis.
REM *** THIS FILE MUST BE NAMED autorun.bat FOR THIS TO WORK ***
REM get to datalog directory and copy these files to external CF card
REM YOUR_APP_NAME and YOUR_DLOG_MODEL_NAME must be modified to your settings
REM If using a USB Thumb driver replace "storage card2" with "USB Storage"
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\RSViewME\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\DlgLog\DataLog\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
REM get to alarms directory and copy these files to external CF card
copy "\storage card\rockwell software\RSViewME\logs\YOUR_APP_NAME\M_Alarms\*.*" "\USB Storage\"
copy "\Temp\~MER.00\M_Alarms\MachineAlarms.mal" "\USB Storage\"
echo The copy process is complete

That only relates to PanelView Plus hardware running FTView ME. This is for an FTView SE application.

I've not ever tried exporting alarms directly from the SCADA. The alarms are stored in an SQL database, so with a few SQL queries you can export the data using SQL Management Studio, Excel, or anything else that supports MSSQL database connectivity.

I have one plant with an excel spreadsheet that automatically updates to show all alarms logged in the SQL database within the last month, separated by production line, and collated into a pivot table to sort the alarms by number of occurrences. At the start of every month, a script runs which opens and updates the excel file, prints it to PDF and emails it to the maintenance team, so they can see what the biggest problems on each line are. Works really well, and all I'm really doing is adding a data connection to an excel table, and then a bit of scripting to do things with the data.

ASF, I mucked around with Excel connecting to the SQL db to see the alarms info and it involved a number of steps... I was expecting an export function in the alarmeventlogviewer was available to simply pull the info out directly from SCADA.

If that's impossible then what you've described there for your plant is what i need for our operators. I'm not familiar with scripting SQL but maybe i need to roll the sleeves up for this!

Yeah it's reasonably involved, but with a little SQL knowledge it's not a huge task.

It may still be possible to export directly from the SCADA - as I said, I've never done it, but that doesn't mean there isn't a way. I've just never really looked into it.

I had the same problem but we concluded that export requirement was met by a print screen...

There is a free windows sql viewer I did some attempts with but it never became easy enough to use.

I can't understand how FT View is lacking this, but I get the impression it's not a popular program. The XL solution i want to try sometime.