tombonas2009

Hello Everyone. A friend recommended me to this site. I have a few questions:

Here are the parameters I set on the PowerFlex 4M VFD's

P105[Start Source] = 5 Comm Port
P108[Speed Ref] = 5 Comm Port
C302[Comm Data Rate] = 4 (19.2K)
C303[Comm Node Address = 101 for VFD #1 and 102 for VFD #2
C306[Comm Format] = 0 (RTU 8-N-1)

The Dip Switches on the 22-COMM-E are set to Multi Drive.

From here I am not really sure where to begin. How do I message to the PowerFlex 4M's to get Reference, FeedBack and Control(Start/Stop)? They are on RS485(DSI). All the samples and documentation from Rockwell show a PowerFlex 40 with Ethernet messaging.

Thanks

​

layout.jpg

Where did you find this example of a hook-up? From MicroLogix 1200s we use an RS485 converter and MODBUS to talk to these drives. It works great.

I actually used the 22-xcomm base but it was a devicenet version. It was not very straight forward how to set it up, and not having a whole lot of experience with these, I had to get some help from our distributor's rep. I used a ML1500 with a deviceNet card in the I/O. I was actually addressing to the xcomm-base, and the drives showed up as different nodes (programmed manually in each drive) in the 22-xcomm-base. I never used the Net-eni module, and I am not sure you can set up your addressing through that to the 22-xcomm-base which will house your two drive nodes. I set it up using RSNetWorx, and was able to use that to help me set up the structure in RSlogix 5000. I don't know how you would message to it in RSLogix 500 either since you are using a ML1200.