Omron CJ2H program conversion

jeffy

Hi Friends,

I hope someone out there can help solve a problem I'm currently experiencing with converting a PLC program from one Omron CJ2H CPU to another.

PROBLEM:
The program was originally coded for an Omron CJ2H-CPU67, however this now needs to be converted for use on a Omron CJ2H-CPU66 (smaller CPU i believe?).

When I make the 'change cpu type' Cx-programmer requests for a conversion process to be done. However, prior to any actual conversion being done by the CX-Prog, i get an error message which reads the following:

"ERROR: The area allocated to Function Block/SFC memory does not exist. Please change the allocation area."

I want to know if anyone out there has experienced this same issue, and what you did to resolve this issue.

THINGS I TRIED:
I've fiddled around with the memory allocation area but with no joy.

I've attempted to setup a new project with the CPU66, and cut 'n pasted the original CPU67 code into it - however other inherent errors were generated and weren't easy/quick to mitigate.

Any ideas/tips will be appreciated. Thank you!

(I'm using Cx-programmer v9.31)

Hi Friends,
PROBLEM:
The program was originally coded for an Omron CJ2H-CPU67, however this now needs to be converted for use on a Omron CJ2H-CPU66 (smaller CPU i believe?).
Yes, the CPU66 is 150k steps & 352k Data memory where the CPU67 is 250/512.

I've attempted to setup a new project with the CPU66, and cut 'n pasted the original CPU67 code into it - however other inherent errors were generated and weren't easy/quick to mitigate.
What types of errors did you get, was it step memory or instruction format? Sometimes timer/counter base type defaults cause issues that are a time consuming to solve, but the CJ2 defaults to Binary, so I would not expect that to be your problem.

I would be doing the following:
1. Asking why the change, if it is cost, then what is your time worth? The time to make this work would be the difference in hardware cost
2. Evaluating the FB usage & seeing if they can be optimized/modified/removed. FB's can be quite memory hungry.

I would be concerned that this size CPU is so full with FB's..

Thanks for another response Lostcontrol. I have noted in my previous post that this issue has now been resolved.

The 66 and 67 memory areas a different, so basically it was just a case of relocating the FB's into a differing memory location. Thanks!!