CX programmer timer

sehonn

Hello everybody,

I am trying to make 3 types of timers in CX programmer which's value can be set on an NB panel. The first type uses seconds, I don't have any problem with it. The second type uses minutes and the third type uses hours. My question is that how can I set the BCD timer to read minutes and hours as the preset value? I was thinking to make a simple multiplication but then the value would be too big. Lets say I want to set 100 hours as the preset value. Then it would be 100*60*60*10 which is way too big value.

The used plc is CJ2M CPU 33 and the NB panel is TW01B

That works but you risk being off by almost 1 minute depending on when you started the timer in the 1 minute clock period pulse of the PLC.
If you change counter to seconds and use 3600 as the counter preset you may be off by almost 1 second.