AB SLC5/01 DH485 to DF1 OPC Server with Labview

yf12chen

Hi everyone,
I am new to this PLC forum and I have a question about this new project I am working on.

I have a testing machine running on an old 1746 SLC5/01 CPU and I am trying to create a Labview application to provide user interface and data acquisition/real time output waveform.
So I need to use National Instruments NIOPC server to interact with AB PLC. However NIOPC server only supports DF1/DH+ as the communication protocol with Allen Bradley.

So I am wondering if there is any solution to change DH485 to DH1/DH+ so my SLC501 can talk to Labview.

All answers would be appreciated.

If your LabView driver can handle Windows COM ports beyond 1-4 (or your Windows PC isn't using them), the best solution would be a USB-connected DF1 to DH485 protocol interface.

The Allen-Bradley part number is 1747-UIC.

On the USB side it emulates an ordinary Windows COM port, with the DF1 Full Duplex protocol.

Thanks Ken,
I just found some 1747-UIC in the lab. My RSLinx is able to find the plc through this converter and everything works fine. I am just waiting for the quote from National Instrument to try it on NI OPC server.
Again, thanks for the solution.