weintek HMI dispay extension

buzzymonk

So we need to extend the control of a weintek 6100i HMI to another Weintek 6100i/8000 HMI for remote visualization.

1 Is it possible to replicate the project window by pass through modes?

2 Does the 6100i HMI support this?

3 Will the rs485/232 ports be enough to communicate?

Theoretically the project can be copied by easybuilder from the 6100i hmi and then replicated to an weintek 8000 series hmi.

Make all buttons momentary - do the latching in the PLC. I've done it with an exact copy of the program on both units. Only changed Device parameters in System Parameters. Used Ethernet on both, with different addresses. Guess it will work with RS232/485.
Main unit talks to PLC. Remote unit talks to PLC via a pass-thru connection in the main HMI. They show you how to set it up in the manual. Look up Remote HMI.