Panel View 550

wvmoto115

Hello, I have a panel View 550 that went bad , a new one has been installed , when you power up the PV it looks as it did before except there are no numbers present and there is an error Reading " 612 no active nodes on network " how do I get communication restored between the slc 500 and the PV ? Have not messed with AB much.

Welcome to the Forum!
What is the full PN for the old unit and the new unit?
If you can post the PB32 file and the .RSS file [Zip first] that may also be helpful.
FYI- It's been a while since I've messed with a PV Classic.

Do you not have to find the magic configuration square on these ones?

When you power up, there is a white square on one of the edges of the screen that you have to press to go into the configuration screens, where you can setup the port and the Block Transfers.

Maybe even the square is hidden, as I have seen me running my finger over the whole outer rim of the visible screen trying to find it....

Do you not have to find the magic configuration square on these ones?

When you power up, there is a white square on one of the edges of the screen that you have to press to go into the configuration screens, where you can setup the port and the Block Transfers.

Maybe even the square is hidden, as I have seen me running my finger over the whole outer rim of the visible screen trying to find it....

If its a keypad style, you can use the Right+Left arrows together to get into configuration.

I "think" the little white square was on the earlier PV+ then Rockwell "improved" the later PV+ by removing it.

It is always a good idea to share the complete catalog number when dealing with Panelview problems. That error is common when communication is lost but may or may not be due to an issue with the Panelview. There should not be a need to access the configuration screen (although it might be useful as a sanity check) since the communications settings are all part of the download and should be right as long as the file that was downloaded is right.

Thanks, for the help I was able to get into the communication settings and change the node and now they are talking ! Thanks !