Allen Bradley Panel View Plus 700 Touch Screen HMI

Vipin

I'm Facing a problem with touch screen panel( Make Allen Bradley- Panel
View Plus 700)
While startup it shows a error message cannot run more than one program at a time and loading continues.
The panel screen lights up with initial menu.
Further Levels of Menu cannot be accessed since the Touch Screen is not functional.
Only physical symptom is screen is slightly warm compared to before.
Any one please help
Regards
Vipin

FT Configuration

Sir,

Many thanks for your response.
I'm quiet new to this Allen Bradley Thing.
It came as a part of BRADMANLAKE Cartoner machine used in food industry.
Once You switch on the machine the screen will display the programme loading sequence,in between You can see a error message of more than one programme cannot be run.
Machine will continue loading software and end at the initial screen of Bradman Lake Cartoner.
From that point You cannot access the further programmes because of the dead or non responsive touch screen panel.

As per one of the Engineer the panel should be replaced since it is not responding it may be dead.
But i don't accept that fact since at least one error message has been displayed and how can I expect a touch screen panel to go dead while on operation.

At the PlC end it shows run signal and a COMM LED in continuing blinking mode.

Please feel free to ask for further clarifications

Regards

Vipin

You might have to toss it. These screens do some weird things. For instance, I have a PV+ 600 that displayed a "stuck touch" error. So, yesterday I replaced it. I took it all apart to get the screen off, then powered it up and... "stuck touch" still appears.

It's now in the trash can.

Before tossing it I'd probably plug in a USB mouse and keyboard and see if I can poke around and get something up other than the application. On bootup, when the little square appears in the bottom right hand corner, try pressing F1 on the keyboard. That may get you into the config menu.

Do you have FT View ME software? You could create a very simple application that has a "config menu" button on a display. Compile, download it, and tell the PV that you want to run the new application when it reboots. (The original app will not be copied over unless you make the new app the exact same name.) At least then you may be able to access some system features.