Red Lion Data Station Plus Question

Jmoreno111

Good evening. Hoping someone here can help. I am working on pulling a floating point data tag from an Allen Bradley Compact Logix to a Red Lion DSP (1). This particular Red Lion is an existing station that is connected via cellular network to another remote Red Lion DSP(2). I am not able to monitor the data tag connected to the Compact Logix and I believe that my problem is with the data tag setup. I'm basically not able to transmit data tag info from the Allen Bradley Compact Logix to Red Lion DSP (1). Ultimately, the goal is that once data tag is transferred to Red Lion DSP (1) we can transmit to Red Lion DSP (2) at the distant end. Right now, I'm just trying to ensure that the tag is being received in the Red Lion DSP (1). I've followed the DSP tag setup using the .L5K procedure and linked the tag to a tag created in the DSP and updated the changes. However when I attempt to monitor the tag in the monitor window where the numeric value should appear n/a is displayed. I have compared an existing and working tag and have attempted to replicate with no success. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum !

There are quite a few veteran Crimson 3 users here, and some enthusiastic novices (like me), who can probably help.

Can you ZIP and post the *.CD3 file ? Ideally also post what revision of Crimson 3 it was created in.

Getting the driver configured and the syntax right the first time can be tricky in the ControlLogix drivers.

Also: what firmware revision of CompactLogix are you running ? I have not used Crimson 3 for Logix 5000 higher than v20, personally.