How do I set up a ab slc500 4-20 ma analog card?

Daymond

Hey Group. I am a pretty inexperanced programmer who has only used basic programming language. I have never had a need before to use a analog input card or output card. The problem is I am now faced in my job with the need to control a prop. water valve with my plc. I have a valve that needs a 4-20ma signal to it. I have set the valve up so that 4 is closed and 20 is full open. It goes where it is told to with respects the the signal I send to it. I am not sure how to use the scale instruction. I am currently using rslogix for programming. I have a analog output card as well as an analog input card. I also have a flow meter that sends me a 4-20ma signal back to let me know how much water is going through the system. It is in slot one and the output analog card is in slot 2. I am confused with what adress to put in the scale instruction to coraspond to my hardwired input and output. Is my analog input and output adress as sinple as I:1/0 -
I:1/4 etc.? Is that the adress that goes into the scale instruction? Does it have to be a interger? Any help in explaing how to setup and use a 4-20ma in and out to control a valve would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Daymond

Hi Daymond,

If your using NI4 your addressing will be, if in slot 1 I:1.0 to I:1.3, and with a NO4I in slot 2 your addressing will be O:2.0 to O:2.3.

You can mov the input to a integer or can use the input in the SCP.
NI4 scale input min 3277 max 16384 then scale your min, max to what you want it and output to an integer or float. With the NO4I your input would be your setpoint with input min (if your using 0 to 100%) 0 max 100 scale min would be 6242 max 31208 to your output O:2.0.

Hope I didn't confuse ya to bad.