Problem connecting to CR30 Safety Relay via Studio 5000

Mel_24

Hi all

Was wondering if you guys were able to help. I am onsite trying to program a 440C-CR30-22BBB Safety relay. Using the following pdf and trying to follow the instructions to add the CR30 Safety Relay to the I/O configuration. (Chapter 13, pg 114).http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/440c-um001_-en-p.pdf

Problem is that I can't change the module to revision 9, even after I downloaded the AOP for version 9.004 from the Rockwell download center.

Any ideas on how to do this would be awesome as i am wasting too long on this at the moment.

440C_revision_error.jpg

Hi

I think you need cow software
Are you using ver 26 of Logic as I think you need that I get the aoi to work

Donnchadh

Just for anyone having the same problem, you need to have AOP v2.1 or above. Was meant to come out summer 2015 but has been delayed. Unfortunately all the manuals say that it is already out. Thought i would let everyone know instead of wasting half a day.

Hi

So the only way still is using ccw is that correct?
My local rep has been telling me about this aoi for at least a year now but
He told me it will only work with v26 and up
And also that ver 10 of ccw is due out this month to fix a issue we have
With some units losing their program on power down
Then again ver 9 was meant to have fixed it also

Donnchadh

Hey Donnchadh

Unfortunately it is the only way at the moment from what i could gather.
From reading the latest product manual, it says it should work from studio 5000 v21.0 or later.(Chapter 13, pg 113, IO Messaging, link is above) but it definitely needs AOP V2.01.

From what I could gather from speaking with the AB tech support is that something really bad must have happened because all the manuals and documentations have be changed and talk about AOP 2.01 in detail but when I asked Tech support about it he said it wasn't out and no one knows when it should be out. Even got my local rep to confirm it.

It is worth saying that i have only just got a job as a graduate PLC engineer a month ago but if you do find AOP V2.01 please feel free to drop the link

Cheers
Mel