analog signal conditioner needed

rpoet

Hi All,
I'm on the hunt for an analog signal conditioner that can do the following:

I have a 10k pot joystick that is spring-return-to-center. Thus, it will output approximately 5v when "centered." I need to take that signal and convert it to +/-10v to feed to a Baldor freq. drive for speed/direction control.

Essentially:
A) when the pot reads 10v, I need the signal conditioner to output +10v.
B) when the pot reads 5v, I need the signal conditioner to output 0v.
c)When the pot reads 0v, I need the signal conditioner to output -10v.

I've attached a schematic snippet for reference. I've Googled "signal conditioner" but with the thousands of hits, I'm a little buried, and I'm looking for something I can source pretty quickly. Anyone have a favorite make/model that will do what I need?

Thanks!

-rpoet

I'm not at a computer but I'm pretty sure you can get what you need at api-usa.com. Off the top of my head I think a 4300G can be configured that way.

Use some resistors like 10k and 10 k the middle of them will be +12 volt.
This will be your ground.
As the pot will sweep now from -12 to +12 Volt you have to put some 1k resistors on the endings of it to get 10 Volts max.

Watch the current in your Pot 24 Volts over 12kohm is 2 mA is 0.05 Watt