Studio 5000 Emulate Controller Issue

Sham

Hi All,

I have got th my trial copy of the Studio 5000 with me and I surely did ask the vendor for emulator. Now, I am facing this error whenever I am trying to select the Emulator Controller from controllers`list. Can you guys please recommend me the solution?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

this is just a GUESS - but if I'm wrong someone will probably be along soon and correct me ... it's night time on our side of the world - so I'll make a suggestion to try and get you started ...

I've got a hunch (just a GUESS) that the copy of RSLogix/Studio that you have is a higher/newer version than you need for the 5570 controller that you're trying to emulate ...

depending on what you're trying to accomplish - you MIGHT be able to convert the project UPWARD to a higher/newer version of controller and get the Emulator to run it ...

TIP: also - notice that the error message in your screen shot has a number in the lower left corner ... in your case: Error 716-0 ... you can Google those types of error messages - and in many cases come up with some helpful information ...

good luck with it ...

Last edited:
Nice to see you back Ron.
edit, l see you have been posting but l have missed it, anyway above still stands, l'm wondering if you are maybe going as Lance 01, but maybe another 4447 posts may keep you very busy in retirement (you have given up "BootCamp"?).

Last edited:
You need to be aware that the Emulate software is a separate installation. It might have been bundled with Studio 5000 when purchased, but the installations are separate.

OG

EDIT ** If your vendor supplied with with a trial license for Studio 5000, the Emulate software would require it's own trial license. Not sure if Emulate will work without a license. **

Last edited:
You need to be aware that the Emulate software is a separate installation. It might have been bundled with Studio 5000 when purchased, but the installations are separate.

OG

EDIT ** If your vendor supplied with with a trial license for Studio 5000, the Emulate software would require it's own trial license. Not sure if Emulate will work without a license. **

I have got the license for both actually..

RA has a Tech Note that says Emulate requires your Logix software to have a license that is not Mini or Lite.

If you open Logix and go to Help => About Logix Designer, it will show you the Version information (for example Version 28.03 - Professional Edition). You can also click More Info and see this along with Build info.

Can you verify what this shows?

OG

RA has a Tech Note that says Emulate requires your Logix software to have a license that is not Mini or Lite.

If you open Logix and go to Help => About Logix Designer, it will show you the Version information (for example Version 28.03 - Professional Edition). You can also click More Info and see this along with Build info.

Can you verify what this shows?

OG

Spot on.. it is the mini edition

from PLCnovice61:
Nice to see you back Ron.
edit, l see you have been posting but l have missed it, anyway above still stands, l'm wondering if you are maybe going as Lance 01, but maybe another 4447 posts may keep you very busy in retirement (you have given up "BootCamp"?).

thanks for the thought ... I still check in on the forum every once in awhile - but I'm definitely not posting as often as I used to ... even being retired - there's still plenty to do ... the last class that I taught was back in May - and I'm still trying to get used to being out of the harness ... I'll probably never teach another "boot camp" class again ... time marches on ...

see you around ...

Best of luck in what you are up to Ron, thank you for all your help to the PLC community.
Your detailed posts will be sadly missed. But who knows, maybe you might get another 4500 in.