Understanding AB PLC-5 notation

nedo2490

Hello,
I am trying to undestand a very old PLC 5 program so that I can communicate with the PLC via OPC. I have to undertand where to get some integer values but looking at the program I cannot see clearly where are stored.
Reading the manual I understood that the memory is divided in data files (N), divided in words.

for example:

what these notations mean:
N46:[N73:0]1/
N46:[R50:1.POS]/0

I have a complete PDF that is the extract of the PLC-5 program

thank you very much

Similar Topics

Hi, To give some context of the situation and why I'm posting. I started a PLC module as part of a general engineering course last year and the...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to understand how the PLC will scan this "For" loop. will the "PhoneNb" variable not increment until all instructions within the "For"...
Replies
Views
Hi friends; I have a programme which are develop by a third person. He did not used tags he used direct addresses. For example %AI004 USED AS I1...
Replies
Views
call #v10A1 enable :="valveDB".v10A1.Enable DB24.Dbx0.0 Interlock := open_feedback := "mapped-do".D0_1.V10A1 DB104.DBx0.0 close_feedback :=...
Replies
Views
Dear frinds, hello all, kindly any body from PLC world can help me regardign how can i read & understand PLC program in STL formate, and kindly...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom