Powerflex 525 Positioning Step Logic Problem

lurby

I have an application using a Powerflex 525 for positioning. I really should be using a servo but the equipment is already in place.
I have it set up with three steps. First step is my feed. Jump to the second step (rapid return) with a Logic Input 1 command. Jump to the third step (ends cycle) with a Logic Input 2 command. I have "Positioning Mode" (parameter 558) set up in StpLogic-Lst so that if I stop at any point in the cycle I can restart where I left off.
Everything works as it should. It steps through the sequencer just fine. The only problem that I am having is that if I stop it midway through a step it will not allow me to jump to the next step because the first step has not reached it's position. For instance: First step is an absolute feed motion in the forward direction for 5". The second step returns this motion back to the home position. If during the first step I stop it at 2" I can restart it and it will continue the last 3" no problem because it is an absolute move. What if instead I wanted to go back home? How do I jump to the next step if I have not completed the first step?

I solved it. I found the preset inputs. Selecting them will jump to whichever step you want.

I don't know about the 525 but I just did a project using a standard Flux vector drive and motor with a full motion controller the 3 axis I got .0001 accuracy with out any problem.

i just thought i would put that out there