weird and cursed devicenet network

darkest_shade

icon10.gif
hello there, its me again jejejeje
icon10.gif

i`m experementing a strange situation into my networks, im using near to 300 nodes (almost 20 networks)all of them GE Multillin Lm10. and have no problem with them.
But now i tried to add one new node form toshiba is an arnd-8127 for the durabilt and tm10 drives.
when do the tests the arnd-card works fine, the communication is excellent, but the problem comes when i try to insert it to one network with another nodes, it aparently is so jealous and it want to be the only slave on the network, if i put 2 arnd-cards in one network the scanner only read one of them, and if i put one lm10 the arnd disappears from the network ( weird isn`t??? ) is there a parameter that i can program ???? or something that i can do???

How many nodes do you have on the network? Are the nodes addressed Hard (switches) or soft (software). Does you network have enough power to hold all of the nodes? Is your network power(load) balenced?

TWControls Did you verify the baud rate?

Yes i check the baud rate, i make tests at 250k in one network with 13 lm10 and one arnd-card, i only can see the lm10 and the arnd to but when put the arnd into the master, lost it.

when shut off all the lm10 and leave the arnd-card alone in the network it works perfectly.
icon10.gif

PLC GURU How many nodes do you have on the network? Are the nodes addressed Hard (switches) or soft (software). Does you network have enough power to hold all of the nodes? Is your network power(load) balenced?

Well i have 13 lm10 and one arnd, the lm10 have dip swithces and the anrd isn`t. the power are two power supply of 24 volts 6 amps. (works fine with networks of 40 Lm10`s) and the distance is less than 75 meters.
icon10.gif

thanks for your replies

i have 2 doubts here in the rsnetworxs what for is the foreground to background poll ratio??????
dnet1.JPG

and what can i do eith this advanced settings????
dnet2.JPG

thanks

hello this is the error that displays the RsNetWorx, hope someone can help me!!!!!!!

I think the problem is in the slave, but have no idea.

error_devicenet.JPG

The standard A-B polling algorithm allows you to configure a slave device for "background polling" in which the members of the background poll list are only polled once for every X number of polls of the foreground poll list. This was a crude method of reducing network traffic ten years ago when many slave devices only supported Polled I/O connections.

I cannot address how AVG/Modicon implemented Background polling, but I think it is unlikely to have anything to do with your problem.

The Expected Packet Rate (EPR) value affects the timeout value for Polled I/O connections. The EPR is negotiated between the Master and Slave during the I/O connection establishment, and by default the value is 4 x EPR, in milliseconds. Therefore standard Polled I/O devices declare a connection failure if 300 milliseconds go by without a poll from the Master. Likewise the Master declares a connection failure if 300 milliseconds go by without a response from the Slave device.

You very seldom have to modify the EPR value unless you have a very busy network. This is unlikely to have anything to do with your problem.

The error message in RSNetworx for DeviceNet is showing up when you browse the network or double-click on a device icon. RSNetworx is attempting to verify the identity of the devices on the network before starting the parameter editor, and the devices are not responding to the RSNetworx/RSLinx requests for Explicit Message connections or not responding the the RSNetworx/RSLinx requests to read the device identity object.

If you physically remove a device from the network and double-click on it in RSNetworx, this is the message that appears.

Your descriptions of "if I only have one device on the network, it works" sounds very much like a duplicate node or mismatched DeviceNet data rate.

You sound to me like you are familiar enough with DeviceNet that you have successfully configured your devices for the same data rate and unique node addresses.

So I'm going to suggest some possibilities.

The ARND-8127 module may support only one Explicit Message connection at a time. If you have added the module to the Quantum scanner's scanlist but have an error in the I/O size connection, then the scanner may be holding open the ARND-8127's only Explicit Message connection while attempting to establish the Polled I/O connection. This means that tools like RSNetworx for DeviceNet cannot connect to the ARND-8127.

Check your scanner carefully for any evidence that there is a problem with the I/O connection.

The ARND-8127 may not be able to handle large amounts of DeviceNet traffic, and may fail to respond to the Explicit Message request when other polled transactions are happening on the network (even a few !). You could attempt to increase the Interscan Delay value on the scanner to decrease the amount of polled data on the network.

In searching for information on this drive, I found the other thread in which GE/Toshiba/Mitsubishi was unable to provide an accurate EDS file for this interface. That does not encourage me about the quality of their testing and support.

If this was my system, I would be approaching it with a DeviceNet protocol analyzer, an SST NetMeter, and an oscilloscope to see what is going on on the wire.

thanks for your reply, i need new ideas to check i was in blank after this.

talking about baudrate its all ok there is no problem and neither is a duplicate of nodes it has node 55 and my rest of the nodes are less than 40, and i allready test the network with one devicenet metter, and there is no problem with it. T_T

and talking about the eds is a poor one, they just give me the esential data for make one with the eds wizard!!!!

so the problem can be that the arnd-8127 cannot support many nodes in the same network. When make tests, when add the second node the arnd-8127 disapears from my network in RsNetWorxs.

allready change the interscan delay from 10msec to 75msec and 125msec and there is the same problem.
tell to my boss that probably we need one network for each arnd-8127, in the worst case.

what is your suggest?????

It's possible that the cards you have are somehow interfering with the other devices on the network. An oscilloscope might show the waveforms for each device and give you insight into that.

Can you describe precisely what is on your test network ?

Do you have access to a 1784-PCD card ?

At some point you might have to call in a DeviceNet expert to solve this issue. I think you should also place as much pressure as you have on the drive vendor to provide some technical support for their product.

well the network that use for tests, is less than 100 mts power supply of 5 amps.

masters
4x modicon SAC-QDNET-010

slaves
1x arnd-8127 ( 15-20 meters from masters and power supply )
12x GE Multillin LM10( real 36 LM10´s)

and yes i´m using a 1784-PCD for this

the problem is that the vendor manuals are informationless so light like a sinopsis of the card.
said that i need more info but they dont hear me.

the problem i see is that the arnd-8127 have 4 leds of status red-orange-orange-green (not in manual). and when the
error-0013 ocurrs the green led shuts off.

my procedure is scan off all the slaves from masters, and do a single scan, there can see the arnd-8127 put on one master and do a single scan, then put one by one slave, normally at the 2nd GE LM10 the error-0013 occurs.