Numeric Keypad

junior

I'm trying to find a numeric keypad that can be used by an operator to enter a number into an address in a ML1100. I don't want to use a panelview as it seems too expensive and impractical for such application. Are there any devices any one can recmmend?

Jr.

Thanks guys. I'll check those out. But what I really would like to find is just a numeric keypad. I haven't been able to find anything, so the PV component 300 might have to do.

Yes, this keypad is what I'm looking for, and yes I can use the serial DF-1 port. What I'm wondering is if there's a device that will communicate with the ML1100 and be able to put the inputed value into the ML1100's memory, instead of monitoring digital inputs and then figuring out what the value entered was.

I decided to go with the PV Component 300 touch panel for the numeric input. My issue is I need 2 of them & the 300 series don't have an ethernet port. What would be the best way to interface the 2 PV's with the Micrologix 1100? I'm thinking of using the 1761-net-aic module and put the 2 PV's on DH485 and then use the rs-232 for the ML1100. Will this work? I'm not sure if the ML1100 supports the DH485 communication.

Jr.

Good suggestions guys, but I think I’m going to stick with the PV component 300 touch screen. For $400 I have it flexible and I can use it to put some operator buttons on and also for displaying alarms. One thing I’m not sure about is, I need 2 of these PV’s connected to one ML1100. The PV’s don’t have an Ethernet port, so I’m going to have to stick with DH-485, but I’m not sure how to connect the two PV’s using DH-485 to the RS-232 port on the ML1100. I’m guessing I can use the 1761-NET-AIC module, but can I have 2 PV’s connected to the NET-AIC’s DH-485 port? Or is there an Ethernet to DH-485 adapter that’s available?

I believe you will need a NET-AIC for each panelview.

So how would the two net-aic's connect together and then with the ML1100? I remember doing a project a few years back with dh485 communication and a couple of PLC's and a PV1000. The everything was connected by having all components daisy chained together. I'm not 100% if you can do that with the 2 PV components and then to the DH485 port on the net-aic module.