Create own Numeric Keypad as part of Display in FactoryTalk Me

Hi there,

I have an application where I would like to have a numberic keyboard as part of a display. I would like to have 10 digits plus DEL and Enter. The operator/customer will have to enter a 4 digit code.

Is this possible?

I have done it before in SE using the SEND KEYS command which of course dosent exist in ME.

In addition to this as the keys are pressed I want to display astericks in numeric/string field for security reasons.

Please note this is not a password login/logout type arrangment but rather a secuirty code that is printed on a reciept when payment is recived. The codes are randomly generated in the PLC (ML1400)

My thoughts where to place 10 buttons on screen and 4 string/numeric diaplays tied to registers in PLC. The problem is how detect the sequence in which the keys were pressed. Possibly some sort of shift register or FIFO to shift the data through registers until I have 4 digits. Then perhaps CONCAT them and convert to integer?

Perhaps I'm making this more complicated than it should be?

Any suggestions please?

tHE NEW FACTORY TALK 6.0 is able to have custom keypads. It was released in December.

Funny, I have 6 installed (no choice, as 5.1 CPR9-SR2 was so hopelessly broken I had to roll out 6.0 (CPR9-SR3) on one line), and I'm looking all over now. No custom keypad, just the same old garbage, counter-intuitive, worthless numeric and string entry keypad as they have always had.

In the year 2725, FTView version 8740 (CPR9-SR9823-SP43.31-PatchRollup A-183471928) will STILL have the same useless keypads.