FactoryTalk View SE Screen Control via PLC

LlndPrkr

I've been researching a way to show and hide screens in FactoryTalk SE. I found a couple of threads about it but am running up against a problem apparently not covered there. I created a VBA script that is triggered by a tag and executes this instruction:

Application.ShowDisplay ("<screenName>")

When I run the screen as a client, I get an error message like "VBA stopped because '<screenName>' not found."

Some posted code omitted the parentheses, some included a .gfx file extension but neither of these changes made any difference. I also created a display name with no spaces and still got the "not found" error.

I know the VBA code is triggering because I tested it with a MsgBox and the variable triggers the message box.

Do I need to declare the display as a VBA object somehow or is it some other problem like a path?

FactoryTalk View SE - Screen Control via PLC

Hi Guys. I've researched this as exhaustively as I can and am finding nothing via Google or Rockwell manuals--including a few "classroom only" tutorials I came across. There seems to be a severe shortage of formal documentation on the VBA extension of FTView.

Any ideas? o_O

I found...
FactoryTalk View SE with VBA code
FactoryTalk View SE slash screen/pop up?
FTView SE Tag Change VBA code
FactoryTalk View Studio - creating pop-ups
FactoryTalk View SE Macro to run VB Sub
FactoryTalk View Studio 6.1 SE Network Project, Display Component not Found
Visual Basic & FactoryTalk View Studio SE
Open Display using VBA in FactoryTalk SE

Thanks, Kuulkum. I did see that post also. It's not clear what are the core pieces of code and which are optional dressing put in by the member who posted it. He also said it may not be complete. It crashes the VBA compiler with an "external procedure" fault.

Here's my code. I suspect that I need to add some object instances, a declaration, or some such thing to expose the FTView tags to the VBA module. I've done plenty of VBA and VB, but making VBA play nice with FT is a new trick for this old dog.

Private Sub TestVbaAnchor_Change()
If SlowBlink = 1 Then
Application.ShowDisplay ("Test")
MsgBox ("Show...")
Else
Application.UnloadDisplay ("Test")
MsgBox ("...Hide")
End If
End Sub