Print RSlogix file to pdf

Just downloaded the PDF maker from the net, looks like i'm to slow just_lionel beat me to it...

dnellingson, If you don't mind me asking, what does the program do?, I dont care for the way that its structured, not that im a expert by no means, did you up load and loose the comments? I enjoy looking at others programs, for me thats the best way to learn, I see the bad and good:beerchug:

printing to pdf

It runs a groundwater pump and treat system with 4 remote buildings with 4 wells each and a treatment plant with 3 air strippers. The system is at a remote location and I only have one copy of RSLogix so I can't print the logic when I'm at my office. I don't know where the comments are stored, there are comments in the logic when i view it live. If there is a program i can download to print to pdf that would help.

dnellingson,

I use PDF995. Its a free download. http://www.pdf995.com/

You install it as a printer. Then you can print from any application to it and it will create a PDF file. There are also some tool available to add bookmarks and merge multiple PDF files.

I don't know where the comments are stored, there are comments in the logic when i view it live. If there is a program i can download to print to pdf that would help.

the comments (and a copy of the actual program) are stored on your programming computer ... they are contained in a file which ends in ".RSS" ... the actual program file name should show up at the very top of your RSLogix500 screen while you are online ... if you can post a copy of that .RSS file, then someone can give you a printout with all of the comments in place ...

it would be a good idea to do a "Save" before you copy the .RSS file ... that will make sure that any recent ONLINE changes to the processor are actually reflected in the .RSS file that you post ...

(thanks, geniusintraining ... I didn't think of changing the extension to .RSS) ...

Last edited:
CAUTION! The 011 extension is and AI backup file!!

The extension for this particular file is .011. This is a backup extension for the old AI and APS software, which RSLogix can open just fine. Rather than rename the file extension to .RSS, it should have been renamed to .ACH. The .0XX extensions, where XX is a number are the automatic backups of previous versions made each time the file is saved. The most current version of the program will be the file with the .ACH extension. This is critical, because the .011 is not the current file.

The reason that the comments are not displayed when opening the file is because in the AI/APS software these were stored in seperate files.

I advise dnellington to repost the ZIP file set and zip up not only the .ACH file, but also the .ADR, .DSC. .RPI .ATT .NAM .XRF .SYM .CNT .RPD .XRI files if they exist. Then when opened the comments, symbols, cross reference, etc will be available and we can make a printout of the current version of the software with comments.

Dnellington, next time the PLC program is opened, do a "save as" and change the file type to .RSS - this will convert everything to the RSLogix-500 file format and eliminate the need for all the extra files. Then remove all the other files that don't end in .RSS to a backup directory so thay you don't have a problem of differentiating which file is the most current.

Last edited: