Get the program from Micrologix 1400 using CCW

nuwan

Hi! We need to keep a copy of the program of our packaging machine AB PLC. Would I be able to read the program of a Micrologix 1400 PLC using CCW?

Thanks in advance.

RSLogix Micro Starter is the least expensive option for you. RSlogix Micro Developer includes basically the same features as RSLogix 500 Standard but only works with Micrologix PLCs. The Starter version doesn't do online editing, cross reference, and a handful of other handy features, but can still get online and save files. There is a "Starter Lite" version that is free but will only work with Micrologix 1000 and Micrologix 1100 PLCs.

RSLogix Micro Starter 9324-RLM0100ENE $151
RSLogix Micro Developer 9324-RLM0800ENE $540

Thank you for all your answers. Thank you OkiePC for your detailed answer. I believe purchasing RSLogix Micro Starter 9324-RLM0100ENE goes with our requirement this time.

We have a PanelView C600 HMI as well. Can we use CCW to get the program of it ?

nuwan said:
...We have a PanelView C600 HMI as well. Can we use CCW to get the program of it ?

As of CCW v6.0 you can only perform Download to a PanelView Component HMI terminal. You cannot perform an Upload. You must use the built in web browser as JohnCalderwood has mentioned.

Just to confirm and provide a little more detail on John's good advice...

594805 - File transfer methods for the PanelView Component when working in CCW
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

Thank you JohnCalderwood and Geospark.

I accessed the PanelView C600 HMI through Ethernet. I found the IP address of it using Advanced IP Scanner freeware (https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ )

Chrome didn't support, so I had to use Firefox. I stopped the running program and plugged a USB drive to the USB port and copied the program.

The procedure is different than most of the other HMIs that we use. In this part of the world AB is not that common although we love the brand so much.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much!