Off-subject : Calibrating Belt Scales

The scale system I i will mostly be dealing with only has a zero and a place to enter 1 known weight.

Then get another middle of your PV weight just to verify if you want to double check your calibration

A lot of calibration needs to be certified if your 'selling something' we were using the feedback in our process to run our machines so it did not need to be perfect just close so the machine ran better

Good idea. Ill see if I can order some additional weights. Would make it nice to be able to double check my work.

The scales ill be dealing with are just for us to see our current feed/output. When we sale our product they go across a set of truck scales. They are calibrated every 6 months by a company and are checked by the US Department of Agriculture.

Would you happen to know where I can purchase these from ? Or, at least what this style is called ? I like that they have a handle and would make tying them up very easy.

Search online for "calibration weights", you will find them easily. Since any decent quantity becomes quite heavy, it makes sense to select a supplier in your vicinity.

A lot of calibration needs to be certified if your 'selling something'

If that is the case for you HoldenC, then make sure you get weights which are compliant with your local regulations. And verify if you would need to have them re-checked periodically.

Our calibrations all require the full span weight to check calibration, then we go back and recheck zero, 25%, 50%, 75% and full span again.
If we see a non-linearity, it needs to be corrected.