Thermocouple on 1762-if4?

wabc1234

Greetings to everyone,

my question is: How can I Read a thermpcouple typej ona an analog module (1762-if) on an allen bradley micrologix 1400 (rs logix 500) and convert the signal to temperature?

thanks in ahead

- A thermocouple doesn't measure an absolute temperature, it measure the difference between a hot junction and a cold junction and that module has no compensation for the temperature of the cold junction, and that introduces a big error.

- The voltage generated by a J thermocouple is at most 30-40 mV and with a input module with a range of -10V to + 10V the resolution you have will be horrible bad.

In other words, to connect thermocouples directly to a PLC, you need a thermocouple input module.

Another alternative is to use an intermediate converter/transmitter with J thermocouple input and 0-10V or current output