Type 1 power up fault

turbohamad

Hi All;

I HAVE FACED A PROBLEM TYPE 1 POWER UP FAULT ON 1756-L55/M13 CONTROLLER. THIS FAULT OCCUR AFTER 2 TO 3 MONTHS AND PROGRAM WASHED FROM THE MEMORY.
I RECYCLED THE POWER AND AGAIN DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM TO THE CONTROLLER. THE M13 HAVE A NON VOLATILE MEMORY.

WHEN THIS FAULT OCCUR RS232 LED ALSO BECOME SOLID RED WHILE IN THE MANUAL NOTHING ABOUT THE RS232 LED BECOME RED IT EXPLAINED JUST OFF OR SOLID GREEN.

I AM NOT USING RS232 PORT ON THE CONTROLLER WHY IT BECOMES SOLID RED?

I AM SHARING SOME HISTORY OF THE MACHINE. MACHINE CAME WITH VERSION 10 FIRMWARE AND PROGRAM ALSO IN VERSION 10. ONE OF MY JOB FELLOW UPDATE THE FIRMWARE TO VERSION 16 AND ALSO CONVERT THE PROGRAM IN VERSION 16. BUT THIS ACTION COMPLETED TWO YEARS BEFORE. THE FAULT IS START TO COMING SINCE FROM ONE YEAR.

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT POSSIBILITIES I ADDRESS TO FIX THE PROBLEM?

REGARDS

turbohamad said:
...I HAVE FACED A PROBLEM TYPE 1 POWER UP FAULT ON 1756-L55/M13 CONTROLLER. THIS FAULT OCCUR AFTER 2 TO 3 MONTHS AND PROGRAM WASHED FROM THE MEMORY.

...PLEASE ADVISE WHAT POSSIBILITIES I ADDRESS TO FIX THE PROBLEM?...

We had this similar thread here on the Forum no too long ago...

ControlLogix 5500 Losing Program

The first link I gave in Post #15 is related to specific minor firmware revisions at major revision 15 (15.03/15.04) and flash upgrading to firmware revision 15.05 resolves that particular issue. As your controller is already at firmware revision 16, that first link should be ignored.

I would look at the second link, which I'll actually put here again for you either way...

40149 - Service Advisory - ControlLogix and CompactLogix products - Modules shut down due to erroneous data (200705002)
Access Level: Everyone

You should check and see if your controller falls within the affected production dates.

Regards,
George