CLX - PLC5 via serial port?

Vladimir

Hi all,

I have a CLX processor and a PLC5 processor. I need to read a data from PLC5 and write it in the CLX. Is it possible to get the data from
the PLC5 via a serial port?

Excuse me I am learning English, but still cannot write well.

The answer is yes. PLC5 serial port is normally set up to use DF1 Full Duplex protocol. So is the serial port on the CLX, which also supports the PCCC command se used by all AB PLC's before the CLX. This means the two processors will exchange data.

Place the MSG instruction in the CLX.

Similar Topics

Curious if this is possible. I am working on a PLC5 to CLX conversion. Due to panel space limitations and time I need to replace a small PLC5...
Replies
Views
The attached files shows a rung modified by the Migration Tool. Can anyone explain the purpose of the added parallel branch? I figure it has to do...
Replies
Views
I have a CLX L72 that I want to monitor a PLC5 PLC (L40E) and determine whether or not it is up and running. I can get the PLC5 to let the CLX...
Replies
Views
First post. I find very helpful information here! I have an existing PLC5 Enhanced on a DH+ network with several other SLC500's and several (6)...
Replies
Views
I have a new project that is replacing the PLC-5/30 CPU with a 1771-ASB and ControlLogix CPU. This line is all blue-hose comms to 5 racks and the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom