Online Edit toolbar gray out in RSLogix 500

plc.ucd

I am trying to do some online editing in RSLogix 500, however the online edit toolbar is grayed out. The processor (MicroLogix1500) is in Remote Run mode. The Online toolbar is showing "No Edits." I have mostly worked in RSLogix 5k, is there a bit I need to enable to allow online editting? Thanks.

There's no online editing ability with the 1500.

I beg to differ. I am using RSLogix500 to program and debug to identical machines, and all yesterday I was connected to the PLCs and able to make changes while being in Run mode. I believe you have to set up some settings in your RSLinx which allow you to talk while connected. I'll look into it and find out how I did this.

I beg to differ. I am using RSLogix500 to program and debug to identical machines, and all yesterday I was connected to the PLCs and able to make changes while being in Run mode. I believe you have to set up some settings in your RSLinx which allow you to talk while connected. I'll look into it and find out how I did this.

Sorry, CheezyMane13 you cannot do Online Editing with a ML1500.

You can change the value of registers online, you can toggle bits online and you can force input/ouputs online, add/change comments and descriptions.

Last edited:
Sorry, CheezyMane13 you cannot do Online Editing with a ML1500.

You can change the value of registers online, you can toggle bits online and you can force input/ouputs online.

I was able to change program and add values as well as add new rungs and new commands.

Yes, but you said you were using a SLC 5/05. That does support online programming, but the uL 1500 does not.