rsview32 application error

clive

i attempted to save a gfx file to a 3.5 floppy disk with apparent sucess after which the rsview32 project could not run or acsess that gfx file giving a dr watson application error with message Application error occured and an application error log is being generated rsview32.exe Excception: acess violation (0xc0000005), address: 0x11064027
need help pls

clive,

If you used RSView32 to save the *.gfx file, then if now thinks part of its needed files reside on the floppy disk and is trying to access that file on the floppy, which may not be there. When you want to make a copy of any of the RSVIew files, start Windows Explorer or another file copy program and browse to the file and COPY (do not Move it) to the floppy disk. This way, RSView does not tag the file as being located on the floppy disk. I have done this many times, and you should have no problem if you use some other program to do the file copy.

thanks alot

i how ever still can't open my gfx file from the project manager with the previously mentioned error coming up and crashin my rsview32 program causing me to have to need rebooth to run rsview
its seems this simple copy procedure i attemped to preform has cost me the weeks of work in that gfx file

please help if u can

Can you start a new project and import the saved .gfx file? If you can, try to reimport the file again into the application. Maybe change its name before you import it. Also, 3.5" floppies are pieces of scheisse and should not be used or trusted for anything unless you have no other option (netowrk, USB storage, burn a cd, etc).
Also, the file you saved to the floppy is probally still on the hard drive, try renaming it and reimporting it. Hope it helps.

thank again

i have tried that i get the same problem when i rename it and reimport and when i create a new project and import it.....can reloading my software help this problem
thanks for any assistance

I agree

Matthias von Zorn said:
Also, 3.5" floppies are pieces of scheisse and should not be used or trusted for anything unless you have no other option (netowrk, USB storage, burn a cd, etc).

I thought it was just me. I noticed, the more important the floppy is the more likely it will not open.

I think the quality of floppy disks has become so poor that they just cannot be trusted any more.