Rslinx Enterprise and Classic gateway

wilsonzhu

Hi,

In my Computer, I already have Rslinx Classic gateway version to connect to PLC online by RSligix 5,500,5000. For another reason, I need RSlinx Enterprise version to Run FT View Studio software, Can I install both version into the same Computer(Windows XP professional)? Which's the procedure for that? Thanks,

While it is possible for RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic to compete for the same hardware resources (Serial port, ControlNet card, DH+ card) it is most common for them both to run on the same PC side-by-side using Ethernet with no conflicts or problems.

One thing you will wish to be aware of is that FactoryTalk View can use either an RSLinx Classic OPC Topic or an RSLinx Enterprise shortcut. Keep the names of the OPC Topics and the Shortcuts unique to avoid confusion.