Question on siemens S7 and CP343-1

marl

Hi. I have an s7-300 with a CP343-1 (no advanced), and a PC networked with him with step 7 and simatic net. I can download program see online etc. but need to connect to simatic OPC server. The manual say i need a siemens card inserted on my PC and configure a connection between S7 and the PC, I only have a simple ethernet PCI card and when try to assign and download IP address on hardware config. of station say can connect.

HOW I CONNECT OPC SERVER TO CP343-1 with a simple ethernet card???

Somebody please.....

Hello Marl;

You need a driver for your "simple Ethernet card"; it is called Softnet for Industrial Ethernet, it comes ion a CD called Simatic Net. On this CD there is an OPC Scout program that acts as OPC server between the driver and your PC application.

Extract from the manual: SIMATIC NET
S7-CPs for Industrial Ethernet
Configuring and Commissioning

Notes on S7 Communication between PC/PG Station and S7 Station
Applications in a PC/PG station communicate with the S7 station over an OPC
interface or SAPI-S7 interface for operator intervention, monitoring and control.
The S7 stations use the integrated communication SFBs/FBs (client and server
functionality at both ends).
The following general requirements must be met by a PC/PG station for S7
communication:
 The following are installed in the PC/PG:
- an Ethernet CP
- there is an interface for S7 communication installed: SOFTNET S7 for Ind.
Ethernet or software from the SIMATIC NET CD.

The CPs in the S7 stations are supplied with a MAC/IP address (use the default
MAC address or set an IP address).
 The CPs in the S7 stations are supplied with a MAC/IP address (use the default
MAC address or set an IP address).
To use S7 communication with the SIMATIC S7 PLC from a PC, address the
required CPU module in the SIMATIC S7 PLC that you want to communicate with
in your PC application.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi marl.

You can use the instruction for setting up OPC with Simatic Net that I have put in the downloads section (under "Siemens").
You have to adapt it a bit, because it is written for MPI or Profibus with a CP5611 card.
This simply means:
When in the hardware configuration it says you have to insert a CP5611 card in the PC station, then in stead select under Simatic PC Station .. CP Industrial Ethernet .. IE General .. SW v6.2 SP1
The "IE General" is used for a TCP/IP connection via a "regular" ethernet card.

Thanks, i have already installed simatic net, in hardware configuration, only appear IE general without SW..., i select it assign IP and MAC and same network, all fine but when try to download only this module say station doesn´t response....if i continue configure OPC connection, i can see server add item but doesn´t read nothing (i try read db1)

Can you help me a litle bit more please???

Hi again marl.

Did you follow the instructions i have made in the downloads section ?

Several things could have gone wrong.

S7ONLINE is not set to "internal".

Or, the name of the Simatic PC Station has not been set to the computer name.

Or, you didnt compile everything in NetPro before compiling.

Or, you didnt go to the configuration console and select "configured mode" for the IE General index.

And there may be other reasons too.
When you try to download (from NetPro I assume) then there is a specific error message, which one ?

You can also try and zip and post your project here, so I can take a look at it.