Omron C200H to PC Connection

yopy_yogie

I am new on Omron PLC and i have asked to connect Omron C200H to PC, so the process value at PLC can be monitored on the PC using HMI software also edit the PLC program on PC. There are several questions i'd like to ask :

1. Is it possible connecting PLC to PC using Handheld port on the CPU?
2. If it is not possible, how do i connect C200H PLC to PC?
3. What software is used to edit C200H program?

Thank You
Best Regards

Hello yopi_yogie,

1. Is it possible connecting PLC to PC using Handheld port on the CPU?
Answer - No

2. If it is not possible, how do i connect C200H PLC to PC?
Answer - you will need an LK201 Host Link Unit (This needs to be fitted to the backplane - is there not one already mounted?)

3. What software is used to edit C200H program?
Answer - 'CX-Programmer' (or 'Syswin' - predecessor of CX-P, or 'LSS' an old DOS - based programming package).

Hope this helps...

connecting plc to pc

There is another way of connecting the plc to the pc there is a 9 pin connector on the bottomleft side of the plc but you do need a special cable to do it about $90.00 for the cable and it works great. Dave

For C200H, two types of Host Link units are possible. C200H-LK201 needs to be mounted on the backplane. You can use this if you have an unused slot on the CPU backplane. 3G2A6-LK201 can be fixed on the CPU itself using the peripheral connector (this is inside a removable cover on the CPU. this is not the same connector which is used for handheld programmer). Since this unit overlaps on the nearby units on the left of CPU, you may need C200H-BP001 on which 3G2A6-LK201 can be mounted. C200H-LK201 is less expensive as compared to 3G2A6-LK201.

hope this helps you.

SVN