FTView ME address bit of Int

blperkins

Hello folks.

I migrated a simple Micrologix PLC program to run on a Compactlogix.
As expected the Compactlogix program has tags that are named B3, N7, Etc.
An existing panelview plus 7 (FTview ME 11.0) used the Micrologix B3:x/y addresses for buttons and lights.

I changed the communications to look at the new Compactlogix and I can browse tags in the PLC. But, I can not get to the bit level of the B3 tags.

I did try selecting the B3[3] tag and then adding the ".1" to the end but the run time complained about that.

Can the Panelview Plus 7 not use the individual bits in a word? or am I missing something?

Not a FTV ME expert and I couldn't find where I tryed to use a bit of a word in my other FTV ME projects. This I know, when you did the conversion all of your bit addresses should have been given tag names like B3_0_0 that are of Boolean data types. You should be able to use those tag names in your HMI Program like the old B3:0/0 you had before.

When I have had to address to the bit level, I have used an AND bitwise operator in the Expression Editor.

e.g.

bit 0 : [tagname} & 1 (2^0)
bit 1 : [tagname} & 2 (2^1)
bit 2 : [tagname} & 4 (2^2)
....etc....
bit 15 : [tagname} & 32768 (2^15)

Clunky, but works ....