Sorting String data using Structured Text

No, my recipes are stored outside of the PLC, I send the active recipe data to the PLC. This data doesn't change when/if the PC/HMI is disconnected. Even if you store the recipes in the PLC, you still have to have a way to select them.

In my manner the recipes can be sorted in many ways, names, date created, data last used, most used, etc. Try doing that with the PLC. :)

SQL can manipulate the recipe data, and give everything you are asking for, but your PC must be connected to the PLC. What happens if it isn't connected ?

If you are adamant that your recipe data remains outside the PLC, why are you asking for a STL solution for sorting, inferring that recipe manipulation is done in the PLC ?

No, my recipes are stored outside of the PLC, I send the active recipe data to the PLC. This data doesn't change when/if the PC/HMI is disconnected. Even if you store the recipes in the PLC, you still have to have a way to select them.

In my manner the recipes can be sorted in many ways, names, date created, data last used, most used, etc. Try doing that with the PLC. :)

Thanks, I see your point.

Smaller applications may not be connected to PC at all and the HMI doesn't (or may not) have that capability.